Chicken Arayas with Mango Salsa
1. This is another great seasonal treat which incorporates the sweet and savory elements into a beautifully comprised dish. The real inspiration behind it is the traditional Turkish Lamajun, which is actually prepared with Lamb or Beef. I decided to use chicken, because it’s lighter and more versatile in terms of flavors and accompaniments. The Mango relish is a nice pairing because it offers a nice balance to the rich flavors of the chicken Arayas. It chicken paste can also be made ahead of time and can last for 3-4 days or frozen, and then defrosted when it’s ready to use for a quick party nibble.
2. Pre-Heat Oven to 200 C
3. Remove skin and cut the Chicken breast into small chunks. Using a food processor, grind into a paste. Now incorporate spring onion, red pepper mince, sumac, salt, and egg white until smooth. Transfer into a mixing bowl and add yogurt, pistachios and stir.
4. Cut the bread into small rectangles or triangles. Spread the mixture on top and bake for 12 minutes.
5. While the chicken arayas cooks, assemble the Mango Relish. Combine all the Chopped and Diced ingredients into a medium sized non reactive bowl, season with Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove the Arayas from the oven, allow to rest for a minute, top with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and Mango Relish. ENJOY!